How to become a CPM®?
The CPM® title is a title awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management® (IREM®) in Chicago. The title is prestigious and highly valued all around the world. It is considered as the symbol of the manager’s professionalism - wide knowledge not only of local law regulations, but also high international property management standards.
With his knowledge and experience the CPM® guarantees the best services for every client.
Thanks to the Polish IREM® Chapter (together with all the people and institutions ever involved in its foundation) today also in Poland property managers have a possibility to obtain this prestigious title.
The requirements to be met by candidates for the CPM® title.
Accomplishing the following courses:
- MNT402 : Property Maintenance and Risk Management (2 days)
- HRS402 : Human Resource Essentials for Real Estate Managers (2 days)
- MKL404 : Marketing and Leasing: Retail Properties or MKL405 : Marketing and Leasing: Multifamily Properties or MKL406 : Marketing and Leasing: Office Buildings (2 days each one)
- FIN402 : Investment Real Estate: Financial Tools (2 days)
- ASM603 : Investment Real Estate Financing and Valuation - Part One (2 days)
- ASM604 : Investment Real Estate Financing and Valuation - Part Two (2 days)
- ASM605 : Investment Real Estate Financing and Valuation - Part Three (1 day)
- BDM602 : Property Management Plans - The IREM Model (2 days)
Note: The courses listed in 1 through 3 (MNT402, HRS402 and MKL404/MKL405/MKL406) can be taken in any combination and/or out of sequence if necessary or if scheduling is not convenient.
Hold any one of the following designations: RPA (awarded by Building Owners and Managers Institute), CCIM (awarded by CCIM Institute), CSM (awarded by Council of Shopping Centers), PCAM (awarded by Community Associations Institute) and accomplishing the BDM602 course.
Please note: All Candidates must also complete the remaining requirements as outlined below (II, III and IV) to receive the CPM Designation.
- Management Plan
Prepare and receive a passing evaluation on a management plan on an actual property of your own choice following detailed guidelines provided by IREM Polska.
Complete and receive a passing score on a management plan skills assessment (MPSA). The MPSA is an on-site written evaluation that requires written responses to management scenarios based on a property type of your choosing.
Pass the CPM Certification Exam (CPMEXM), which covers these competency areas: financial operations and asset management, human resource management, legal and risk management, maintenance and operations, marketing and leasing. To ensure your best performance on the exam, register for the seminarium przygotowującym do egzaminu CPM001.
Have at least 3 yars of (documented) experience as real estate manager.
Attend and pass the exam for ETH800 course and continue to adhere to the IREM Code of Professional Ethics.
webdesign & seo